Mellow Blend: This is an actively gentle practice, not a passive practice done at a slower pace. We will explore the basic postures of Hatha (physical) yoga with the aid of props, walls, and the floor. Excellent for prenatal, post-natal, injury recovery and those who may find it difficult to do strenuous exercise, or who prefer to do a modest but effective level of practice.
Yoga Blend: This class is suitable for those with any knowledge level of yoga, from beginner to advanced. Our cues for modification of asanas (poses) will help those with injuries or other limitations to be safe in their practice while taking the more experiences practitioners into deeper variations. The challenge here is to listen to your body and do what you are able to do, not what your classmates are able to do. Ideal for all ages and fitness levels. Your level is somewhere within!
Hatha Yoga: This class is great for beginners building a strong foundation for a brand new practice or for yogis who want to brush up on specific alignment points of basic yoga poses. Learn some basic breathing techniques (pranayama), as well as a detailed breakdown of individual poses (asana).
Vinyasa Blend: The beauty of this class is the variety. There is no standard sequence in Vinyasa yoga, so the style, pace and intensity will all vary depending on the mood of the day, teacher and the students who show up.
Vinyasa translates as “placing with intention”. We will be flowing from posture to posture with breath and awareness. You will be guided through stages of poses with the opportunity to choose what stage works best for you to grow your practice.
All levels welcomed. Bring an open mind and sense of humor.
Evening Yoga: This class is uniquely sequenced for the people who show up.
With a combination of physical postures coordinated with the breath, this practice is designed to help you create more strength and space in your body and mind after your active day. Options will be given so you can better tailor the practice and find your own balance between effort and ease.
Gentle Yoga for Every Body: This practice is accessible to all students with a focus on increasing flexibility, releasing tension and improving strength. Modified basic Hatha poses are the core of this gentle practice which seeks to integrate the body, breath, heart and mind. Students have the option to use a chair and other props which can be used to support the body in poses that might otherwise be difficult. Breath awareness, mindfulness, and a soothing sound meditation round out this practice to give one a joyful start for the day.
Open Level Yoga: This class is suitable for beginners and advanced practitioners alike. We will offer alternative postures and modifications so that the pace and structure of the class is suitable for all bodies. You are encouraged to move like you. To intuitively listen to what your body needs in the present moment.
Restorative Yoga: All yoga is restorative but this class transposes one from doing to being. Through the use of props, the body is completely supported in active relaxation. As you soothe your nervous system, the body cools down and the mind calms. Breath awareness, mindfulness, sound vibration and deep relaxation round out this class to balance the body and mind.
Chair Yoga: A class that provides a safe alternative yoga practice for those who are unable to practice on a mat. You will be guided through moving all major muscle groups and joints while sitting in a chair. Yogic breathing techniques and deep relaxation are essential parts of this class.
Strength & Flow Circuit Class: Elevate your energy every Thursday evening at Mountain Breeze Yoga, in Windham, NY. Challenge your strength and endurance as you flow through circuit style, full body exercises. Align your mind and body through mindful movement, and end your evening with a focused recovery method aimed at amplifying brain and heart coherence.
What to bring: Water bottle, personal towel and yoga mat.
Learn more about Gerard by visiting www.bellhousefitness.com
* Do Not Come to Class Sick! Please stay home, drink some tea and rest.
* Please arrive at least 10 minutes before the class start time to settled in and be mindful of the energy you bring into our space.
* You should bring your own mat for sanitary reasons. Students are welcome to use our mats if needed, we just ask that you spray and wipe it down after use.
* Children 12 and up may attend regular classes for the regular adult class rate with the teacher's permission, and a parent or guardian. They must be able to participate in class, not be disruptive or bring distracting items.
* Please respect others by maintaining proper hygiene and modesty, and refrain from wearing heavy fragrance to class.
* Turn off cell phones and watch-alarms when you arrive at the studio. No Phones in the practice space please.
* Inform the teacher before class if you are pregnant, or have any injuries or health concerns that may require special attention.
* Practice at your own level; if you need to rest or modify please take care of yourself. If some of the poses are too challenging or if something doesn't feel right, rest or take a more basic variation of a pose.
* Class packs are non transferable. If you would like to share a pack with someone, please let us know at the time of purchase.
* Please leave your pups home. Our parking area is in the full sun which is too hot to leave your dogs in.
11111 Route 23 Windham, NY 12496
Sign up to hear about special offerings & schedule changes.